We will help bring the strongest talent to UF via best practices and strategies in employment branding, sourcing and recruiting, and technology and will improve the overall experience of
candidates, new hires, and hiring authorities.
- Design targeted onboarding approaches to help position new hires—both faculty and staff—for success, including those transitioning to management roles as well as international employees
- Create clear career paths for staff that align with organizational needs, enhance recruitment efforts, and clarify advancement opportunities
We will design and implement a fair and competitive compensation strategy—adopting a long-term view—to help attract, retain, and reward high-performing faculty and staff at all levels that leverages an appropriate intersection of merit, market, and internal equity.
- Design a long-term compensation strategy for faculty and staff, working from a “total rewards” perspective
- Modernize UF’s leave program to be more responsive to faculty and staff needs
- Simplify benefits and improve associated communications
We will support UF’s efforts toward preeminence through an aligned and contemporary approach to performance management that focuses on fostering high performance.
- Align performance program with best practices, including:
- Alternatives to performance review process
- More agile approaches to addressing performance needs when different results are needed
- Identify and prioritize desired knowledge, skills, and behavior via strong competency models for staff
We will improve leadership capabilities throughout the organization so that great leadership becomes synonymous with UF and its high-performing faculty, staff, and teams.
- Identify managers on campus as a foundation for development plans and resources
- Build on the UF management/leadership competency model to develop scaffolding to support the “new manager at UF” as part of the onboarding effort (also in support of Goal #1)